Estimation Engineer – Mechanical & Electrical
Responsible for Receives & Evaluates Tenders & Inquiries, Preparation of Prime cost Estimates, Tenders in accordance with clients reqd. Prepare Cost Comparison Sheets.
Desired Candidate Profile Experience: 5 to 9 yrs Location: Saudi Arabia – Dammam
This position is responsible for the preparation of tenders.
– Formal qualifications in fire fighting engineering preferred with industry experience critical.
– At least 5 years estimating / site based experience, preferably in fire fighting and fire alarm as well as gas detections system as well as NFPA codes would be ideal.
– Demonstrated understanding of the use of ‘First Principles Estimating’ is essential.
– Strong communication, (written and verbal), together with high level negotiation and analytical skills are fundamental.
– A sound working knowledge of Project Management principles as they apply to the field together with technical engineering is essential to the role. An eye for detail and accuracy with numbers are also primary.
– Proven ability to work under pressure, multi tasking, together with the capacity to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines is fundamental so too is effective time management of work flow in order to meet tender deadlines.
– The capacity to delegate to achieve productivity and efficiency outcomes is essential.
– The ability to work without Management direction, use initiative and possess a positive attitude towards teamwork is critical.
– The capacity to train and coach other members of the department is an expected element of this post so too is the capacity to develop and format procedures and work flow systems which accurately reflect the department’s operations.
– The ability to multi task, have flexibility to switch between tenders, work to deadlines and delegate work activities are also essential.