Industry: Construction and Property
– Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities.
– Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
– Plan and design transportation, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
– Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
– Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
– Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
– Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
– Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
– Prepare or present public reports, such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, and property and right-of-way descriptions.
– Test soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, steel.
– Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to industrial and managerial personnel.
– Conduct studies of traffic patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess the potential impact of projects.
– Assist Sr. Engineer In his Work.