A well reputed fabrication and engineering company is seeking a Fabrication or Mechanical Engineer with the following qualities:-
– Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
– Ensures that the workers at workshop are following correct work procedures and safety precautions.
– Incumbents to assess job priorities and assign workers accordingly.
– Ensure that work is on schedule.
– Understanding of all issues like safety and company rules.
– Report to : General Manager.
– Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
– Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
– Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet 4)production goals.
– Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
– Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
– Keep records of employees’ attendance and hours worked.
– Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
– Ordering and following up on site material deliveries.
– Co-ordinate and allocate work to laboring in accordance with directions.
– Request equipment, materials and consumables as required within limits of authority.
– Prepare short term schedules at an agreed frequency ie daily and weekly.
– Assist in the management of an harmonious environment, team building and training of apprentices and other employees as required.
– Liaise and interface with Sales Executives.
– Ensure housekeeping is ongoing by maintaining a clean and safe workshop.
– Ensure workshop security, gates, cupboards, office.
– Ensure equipment and tools are secure and used correctly.
– Estimate hours remaining to complete on jobs.
– Help in technical queries.
– Coordinating goods deliveries to clients.
– Expedite Supplier/Subcontractor deliveries.
– Understanding blue-prints, sketches, and drawings.
– Familiarity with Saudi Arabian Market.
– Strong initiative and leadership.
– Flexibility to deal with multinational workforce.
– Understanding Autocad Drawings (Mechanical.
– Provide support during the bidding and project start up phases in the definition of most appropriate erection methods / sequences and layout in the construction areas.
– Participate to Detail Engineering Phase for Construction related issues.
– Prepare the Fabrication plan and identifies the planning issues in terms of field critical operations.
– Define and prepare the subcontractor scope of work for structural studies related issue.
– Study, define the method procedures, dedicated tools and equipment of the critical operations like Heavy lifts, Roll-ups, Weighing and Load-out.
– Prepare and issue the procedures for Heavy lifts, Roll-ups, Weighing, Load-out.
– Participate in critical operations like Heavy lifts, Roll-ups, Weighing and Load-out.
– Ensure the interface with the certification authorities.
– Participate to prepare the HSE Plan for every critical operations like Heavy lifts, Roll-ups, Weighing and Load-out.
– Ensure the interfaces with the Client Engineering / Methods department and with the Head Office AZA Sales and Engineering department.
– Check the conformity and congruence of technical documentation received from Head Office and Clients making it available to the Construction / Fabrication team.
– Analyze the technical aspects of the feasibility of the construction works providing information on the actual on-site availability of facilities, tools, documents, materials, etc.
– Daily correspondence with the sales department.
– To hire and control his supervisor and production team to ensure the production quality and time.
– Performs site management, supervision and coordination of all subcontracted work associated with module fabrication, assembly, testing and pre-commissioning at fabrication facility.
– Manages the execution of all associated Module construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards.
– Controls project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all contractor construction resources including manpower, materials, tools, and equipment.
– Provides input for the development of project schedules in cooperation with the construction engineers and planners.
– Ensures that daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained through the use of the project Workface Planning program, down to the foreman level.
– Reviews the design scope and approach with regard to Module construct ability and submits recommendations for change where required.
– Determines manpower levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors contractor manpower levels and craft mixes to ensure conformance with the Modules construction plan.
– Monitors productivity and cost and implements appropriate action to maintain maximum labor productivity and cost-effectiveness.
– Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
– Manages the contractual commitments of contractors, including cost, quality, and schedule and coordinates their field activities.
– Plans and manages the Modules Fabrication temporary facilities.
– Maintains quality of all work in accordance with the standards as specified in the design documents.
– Maintains an interface between the project Materials group and contractors to ensure a smooth flow of materials in support of the schedule.
– Ensures that an effective construction equipment use and maintenance program is maintained in support of the contractors.
– Maintains an effective plan for the supply and control of tools and supplies.
– Administers, trains, and motivates all personnel in construction operations through the superintendent and foreman levels.
– Diplomas or Bachelor Degrees in Engineering.
– Minimum of 5 years experience in mechanical fabrication.
– Minimum of 2 years experience in workshop supervision.
– Good interpersonal communicator with comfortable reading, writing and editing skills in English.
– Knowledge of AutoCad drawings.